Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what is the secret to getting the 4 engine mount bolts out, when I try the rubber mount below spins and I tried holding that with channel locks but no go so I need some advice.

Thanks for the help, rhutson

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes the mount will be broken so take the two bolts out that mount it to the hull and pull the broken mount apart, grab onto the metal part of the mount with vise grips and use a rattle gun to get it out. Then replace the mount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Harbor freight sells a vice grip that has a large semi rounded mouth that looks like its for holding pipes or something. I got that, rasised the motor a little bit and clamped onto the metal plate that is attached to the top of the rubber. The metal plate spins with the rubber so once you grab that you are home free. You will have to disassemble the exhaust to get to the ones on that side. FYI there is an aftermarket mount that looks stronger for less money. My local dealer didnt have them though you can get em on the internet. Dont forget to shim and align your motor once you get the new ones in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts