Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the carb off, the choke and throttle were both frozen along with all the adjustment screws. I sprayed with carb cleaner and let it soke and sprayed it some more and got the choke and throttle free, is there something I can use that will get all the paint off and free up the screws, the paint is all bubbled and peeling anyways. Next thing is removing the engine, what does a 650 engine weigh? only reason I'm pulling the engine is to get the starter off, I broke the bolts off the starter and tried hammering it back with a big bar but it is stuck, I didn't beat on it much cause I didn't want to break something else but it didn't budge at all. Maybe I'll try some more tomorrow night.

rhutson in NC

·
Registered
323 Posts
Couldnt tell you what they weigh but one person can pick it up easy. Just akward to get out sometimes. There really isnt much that can get the paint off but a wire brush and air gun. You can get it acid dipped but its too risky. I have done that once before and i wasnt quite happy with the performance after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts