Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I had this same problem and I wanted to help others with the results. I was getting a very faint spark after 5-10 seconds of running, then eventually nothing. I disconnected the input to the coil and measured AC voltage and it was 5-10VAC. I had the luxury of having 2 identical models so I starting swapping parts. First I tried the easiest piece which was the 3 wire pulser on the side of the box, nothing. Then I measured the coil resistance and I knew I found the problem. I measured .33 ohms across the primary, and 10megs from the plug wire to the primary orange wire. This didn't sound right, but before ordering the part, I measured my other unit and it was the same. I measured the voltage across the coil on the good unit and got nearly 40vac so it had to be something up stream.

The only thing left was the CDI box. It was a PITA to switch out but that was definately the problem. The problem followed to the other ski. I contemplated getting a used one but apparently this is a huge high failure item so I just got a new one for $289.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.