Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought 2 skis, one beinge a 93 kawasaki 750xi, wich although is in rough shape, it was free for what i paid for the package. I took it out for the first time today where it ran great for the first 10 minutes then all the sudden it dropped power. I can hit it and it revs a little, but its like its going into the overheat limp that is described on the sticker on the hull. if i hold the gas w/o when it does this, it just boggs until it stals or i let off, but then will start instantly if i restart it. However, the waning light on the gauge dosnt come on nor does the engine feel like its really getting that hot, but i havnt taken a thermometer to it to see what its at. The spitter on the side of the hull does pulse a little water at idle and low rpms but stops when you tromp on it. The intake grate is missing because it broke off and im still wating on a new one although i dont think this would cause it. When it does run when cold however, its great in flat water, but the second the back end bounces, it completely looses prime and you have to let off and come to a crawl before giving it gas again, other wise it just cavitates, would this be a shim problem, and could this cause the overheat?

thanks, all replys are apreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, the engine is running dead on as far as tunning and no water in the cylinders, knock, or anything out of the ordinary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up dumping the ski. But it ended up being dissolved fuel line in the bottom of the tank that was getting sucked into the carbs and plugging up the internal filters. A real fine fuel filter ended up curing the issue until the garbage got cleared from the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts