Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this forum first off.

I have a 93 that i just got for a gift from my G-mom its in great shape its just hasnt been ran in about 3-4 years i know it ran the last time they used it. anyways. I took out all the old gas. put new plugs in, new battery and new gas. when i went to start it to see if i could get it to run in took about 8 trys and i got one hell of a big bang out of it. made a hole in the fiberglass muffler in the left hand side. what would have made it back fire so big and make a hole like it did? So i took out the fibergass muffler and i was also seeing if i can just leave it out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i feel ya dude..i haven't gotten a response on my thread either. but the only thing i can think of that would cause such a big backfire would be that the timing is off. after several revolutions of cranking it, the cylinder would fill with the atomized fuel and when it finally would spark it will cause a larger than normal explosion in the cylinder. and immedeitly it would be on the exhaust stroke sending the explosion through the exhaust pipe.

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts