Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask for some advice. I've made good use of the search feature and spent a good amount of time before finally posting.

So I'm not getting fuel to the carb. The ski has been sitting for 16 years and over the past week I've put new plugs in, cleaned out the very little gas that was in the tank, made sure all the fuel lines were clear, then cleaned and rebuilt the carb. It'll fire if I spray carb cleaner down through the carb but I can't get the carb to pull fuel from the tank.

From going through about a dozen posts like this, yes I've made sure the pulse pump line is seating well. But, I can't blow through the fuel-in port on the carb. At least easily. If I really put some pressure behind it some air will bleed through. I pulled the nozzle off and its clear. The fuel-in port for the 2nd carb is the same way.

Also, the fuel-out on the 1st carb can be blown/sucked through but the fuel-out (return) on the 2nd carb is really difficult to do so.

Any advice? Just start trying to shove wire through the seeming clogged ports until something starts to push out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(seemingly*)

Well after checking it again, the screen under the float was causing the fuel-in to seem clogged on the 2nd carb. Still just a tiny amount of air passes through the fuel-in on the 1st carb though, even when the whole plate with the screen and float are removed.

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
It's prob. restricted with junk. Get a 1/8 drill bit and work it in by hand. DO NOT USE A DRILL MOTOR. Also realize that it takes 25psi to unseat the needle. Hopefully you use the old springs and verified pop off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The clog is past the elbow and before the bowl so I can't really use a bit to try to work it. Tried to push wire through but it wasn't stiff enough to make the bend. I guess I'm going to get some solvent and let it soak over night, a friend said pick up some safety wire and try that so I'll probably do both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh I see now. Thank you. I did reuse the original spring, I don't know what you mean by pop off. I know EFI, nothing really about carbs. It'll let air through steadily under pressure now. Is that how it's supposed to flow?

·
Super Moderator
5,030 Posts
Having a hard time getting my bearings from that picture.
With the carbs standing up like they are mounted on the intake, the supply is on the bottom, pulse line is in the middle and return on top. Pop off is tested from the inlet and return is plugged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is it sitting in and how I assume everything is routed just from where the hoses sit. (I didn't take the carb off) Only posting because coming from the rear of the ski there is another unconnected line that's the same style as the fuel lines that's marked "BCT"

Your post for the good reading didn't have anything linked in it, btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts