Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im sort of a newbie with working on PWCs and I have a problem with my blaster.

So far it has run fine all season, but I tried taking it out today and it was turning over but not starting. I changed the spark plugs and that did not help. The only way I was able to get it to momentarily start was by spraying carb cleaner in the air intake. So that would tell me the problem is likely related to the fuel line.

What ideas/suggestions do you guys have?

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Check you have enough petrol in the tank. Maybe turn the fuel switch to reserve. If it is on reserve already and not starting check the actual fuel sender in the tank is not hitting the bottom. It was a problem for those that the plastic pick up would grow and hit the bottom of the tank. Just by cutting the reserve sender on a slight angle should fix the problem. Just take the sender out (one hose clamp) and check. If not, give it a gulp of fuel down the carbs, full choke at try to fire it. If not then check there is no fuel hose kinks and the fuel lines are connected correctly. Check the pulse lines. Check compression. And check for weak spark. If all these are fine, take the carbs off and give them a clean. If its weak spark or low compression it may also have these symtoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the battery...weak spark....enough power to turn over the ski but not enough power for the black box to provide enough fire for the plugs to be effective...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts