Personal Water Craft Forum banner

93 waverunner 3 start issues

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  mike528 
#1 ·
Just got it last August. 5 hrs on rebuilt motor. Good battery. Issue is I can get it to start on the trailer at home but The 2 times I put it in the water it will crank until the battery dies but won’t run.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Still no luck. Charged the battery and had it running in the driveway a couple weeks ago and went to take them out over the weekend and it still wouldn’t start. Leaning towards bad gas or rebuilding the carb. Pulled the return line and had flow while cranking. Spark was good. Have it a quick burst of ether and ran for 2 sec. going to get some fresh gas this week and stick the supply line in the gas can and see what happens.

#7 ·
got the rebuild kit for the carb from sbt, got the carb pulled. pumped the gas out from last august and put it into the truck to burn it up, thinking the gas may have been the cause of the issues with it this year, still not sure why it didn't work last year, got them with empty tanks and filled the up last august, dumped some stabil in them last year before winter but apparenty not enough.

#9 ·
I rebuilt the carb, put fresh gas in and a new battery. Got it running on the water and rand great for the first half a tank. Started loosing power under throttle. Isles fine but when you take off it cuts out. Went to get fuel this morning and ran great for about a mile then seems when it warms up it cuts out again. Doesn’t seem to start acting up until it’s warmed up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.