Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 750 Super Sport Xi
Compression test: 155/155

The thing has sat in a barn for over a year. The carbs were gummed up, but they have been cleaned. Fuel tank hadn't been emptied, and new fuel was added. I syphoned out as much as I could, ~5 gal, and added 2 gallons of fresh. Starts almost instantly.

Runs great out of water. When it's in water, the only way to keep it running is by having the choke on all the way. Where should I check for a restriction? The bowl thing is empty (I assume that's normal since the tank hasn't been filled in a while).

Where is the fuel filter, if there is one?
If the fuel is geled, will adding sta-bil help?
How do I test the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The canister that unscrews from the black mount near the front of the engine access opening (49019 in the diagram below) is not a fuel filter. Based on what I have seen on the Kawi parts system it (and on my stock 1994 750 SS) it is in the fuel tank vent line. It appears to be there to hold any water that may try to seep in if the ski is capsized or briefly submerged. There are actually two fuel filters and they are on the bottom of the feed lines inside the fuel tank (49019A in the diagram below). Here is a pic from Arctic Cat,Polaris,Suzuki,Kawasaki,Honda,Yamaha,Sea-doo,Can-Am dealer Muskegon, Michigan that shows both the canister and the filters:

It sounds like you've got something blocking up one of the passages on the carb if it only runs with the choke on.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts