Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a '94 Polaris 750 sl from a guy and it has an issue with getting up to speed, it wont.

The max speed I can get it up to is about 30mph.

Compression is 130 across all 3 cylinders. It's been rebuilt in the past by someone.
It has the aftermarket fuel pump that splits into three separate lines.
It also has aftermarket flame arrestors.

It seems to vibrate a bit, and the idle is a bit high, it didn't idle as high as it does until I took it to a shop to get checked out and it had this same issue before then.
My guess is a vacuum leak.

The shop I took it to replaced the nozel that was on it with the correct nozel (previous owner replaced trim nozel with manual nozel that angled downward), and he found that the engine was not completely bolted to the plate that connects to the hull so he pulled the engine out and connected it to the plate securely and put it back in.

The guy at the shop said that the jet pump looks fine, and a visual inspection shows no gaps between it and the wear ring but could it be the culprit? What else should I consider?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey I had the same problem with a ski I have worked on before let me ask you this does it bog down when you give it throttle in water and on the trailor or just in water... Also I don't know if you have a lake or pond to run it around on real quick but if you can see when you gun it pull the choke cable out and see if it gets moving faster if so then you definatly have a carb issue... Reply and let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions or concerns...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts