Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is under a hose it runs fine, pumping water out the sides as it should as well as in water. lines are all cleared, good compression but once in the water for 5 minutes or less it gets hot and will only idle. At times just idling it will gain speed again for about a minute and back down to shutting off, restarting and does not won't to go any faster than idle. It did run one day for 30 minutes fine, then take it back out and it does same thing. Would appreciate it if you could directly help me with any help.

[email protected]

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sounds like it's getting hot and triggering the temp switch.

Check the inlet port for the cooling water on your model.
Based on the part diagram at
94 MONTE CARLO
under water filter tab, your inlet is the same as my 95 Montego DLX. It's in the rear of the hull (outside the hull ) in the top of the chunk of aluminum right before the steering nozzle. There is a 90° hose coming off of it and going into the hull.
I'd check to see if it is clear in the aluminum and in the hose.
It also looks like your model has some kind of filter. You might check it as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My problem is under a hose it runs fine, pumping water out the sides as it should as well as in water. lines are all cleared, good compression but once in the water for 5 minutes or less it gets hot and will only idle. At times just idling it will gain speed again for about a minute and back down to shutting off, restarting and does not won't to go any faster than idle. It did run one day for 30 minutes fine, then take it back out and it does same thing. Would appreciate it if you could directly help me with any help.

[email protected]

Thanks

Joe
Mine had a sand filter in the water intake that was stopped up. Once I cleaned the water filter it ran fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts