Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum.... WASSSSSSSSUUP! :eek:

I just bought a pair of '95-'96 Sea-Doo Bombardier XP's. Both need work , and at leat one is in running condition. We got the PWC's for free and only paid for the trailer they rest on.

The previous owner purchased them in a small town in Central Florida. So they were most likely lake ridden. He himself said they were running when he got them. But do to his age and health, he just cant do anything with them anymore. So they have been sitting in his driveway for the past 5 yrs...

Im handy when it comes to most things, and have worked on both automotive and small engines before. So Im hoping the I can tackle a big chunk of the much needed maintenance. Any tips you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. Seeing as this is my first time owning and working on any type of watercraft.

I finally got the skis home. Pressure cleaned them, got most of the oxidation and dirt off (surprisingly). I also replaced the bunk boards, trailer lightning, new spare tire carrier, winch, jack, and bearings.

The trailer pulled great, and I can wait to get'em up and running.

If you guys were in my shoes, what would you do first?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum Big Boi. Love the old XPs, fun little machines. Why people just let their watercraft sit in the elements without even putting a tarp over them is beyond me. But intelligence or even common sense is lacking nowadays. Anyways first thing if you can get them to turn over is pour some 2 stroke oil into the cylinders and see what compression the motors have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took some pics today. From the pics what do u guys think about theengine compartment. I know that batteries r missing. And in one pic there's a toggle switch.... I have no idea what this guy rigged up

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Did you ask why the engine compartments were partially disassembled? The 96 has the original gray fuel lines those will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't. I did get the repair manual from the previous owner as well. And he wrote that it needed a couple items. And I have a couple items in my garage that weren't pictured. I got those from him in a box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soooo, I built a garage dolly today.... Now Im hopping to start ripping into them after the Easter holiday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts