Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first jet ski tonight. I it's a 95 baracuda 640. It hadn't ran in some time. I charged the battery, poured gas down the carb and it ran great as long as I was pouring gas down it. It's very clean. What should I check? Do these have a fuel pump, or diahpram type pump on the carb? This is my first Jet ski. What could be wrong with it? What should I do first? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same year and model of 'cuda mine starts and runs but boggs out after a while. I believe it is fouling the plugs. As for you this is what you should try.

1. GET YOUR MONEY BACK! if it was a gift or free.....well, ok

2. Go to checkers and get a siphon pump and pump out all of the old fuel, it acts like a varnish after a while.

3. Install new plugs, always a good idea

4. use carb cleaner on it or gently take it apart and clean all parts. Try not to get the cleaner on the plastic diaphram's. REMEMBER don;'t try and rip diaphram because parts are exceptionally hard to find for that model.

5. try lifting the nose of the ski and unplug the fuel line (Mark it first) and see if indeed fuel is flowing to the carb, if not take off line and clean

6. If it still doesn't work, find the guy that gave it to you, Kick him in the nuts and return the ski's back to his garage.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do these have fuel pumps, or is that some type of diaphram fuel on the side of the carb? Tonight I just ran a mixed fuel line straight to the carb and it ran good. It just won't draw it's own gas from the tank, now what?

·
Registered
37 Posts
it does have a diaphram pump. See if you can find a replacement kit. If you can find it please post where you found it because I'll take one to!

May also try to clean it up, there is a little pin or valve in one of the sides of the carb that may not be opening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts