Personal Water Craft Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would think some pin readings would continually vary also because of fuel and oil tank float guages are in essence varable resistors which in turn as levels change voltage would change at display giving those pins level readings but i may be overthinking that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yea, in thinking that too. I was mainly queried about main power to the display to run it. Personally I think it's dead, but I'm giving the board a one over with CorrosionX abs a light brushing to clean it up. Letting my fingers crossed that does the trick when I plug it in. If not, oh well. I think I read it's cheaper to get a different display and convert it over. Otherwise what I have found is displays starting at around $200. Incredible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I have a random question. Do these older Polaris PWC's typically smell like fuel? Is that normal because of the gas breather tubes, when it runs, etc. I'm going to run it in the driveway to see if I have a fuel leak somewhere. Just curious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking at the schematic i see a red/w purple stripe that comes from cicuit breaker leading to a 1/4 amp fuse then to display( i would think that would be a main since it’s fuse protected). $200 is $200 more than what i paid. If they need work i pay for trailer and they just give the ski. If they need a gut job rebuild, my time plus parts i might break even on resale. After i get them 20yrs later they usually need complete rebuilds.There are some waterways up by me that don’t even allow two strokes on anymore. I don’t see why 50:1 is a pretty clean mix.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They shouldnt smell gassy, maybe a little like exhaust. I’ve had fuel lines and such with pinhole leaks before.if the lines are stiff or/and brittle like the clear tygon fuel and oil lines then hairline cracks can happen which can suck air or piss gas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I have a random question. Do these older Polaris PWC's typically smell like fuel? Is that normal because of the gas breather tubes, when it runs, etc. I'm going to run it in the driveway to see if I have a fuel leak somewhere. Just curious.
My thought is to take it to the car wash and tip it back so that I can spray the engine bay with degreaser and then rinse it all out just to give the inside a good cleaning. I can't see damaging anything inside.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A good cleaning always helps, i’ve used a little dawn and a garden hose plenty of times. She already looks nice on outside!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts