Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im new to the whole jetskiing thing, so please go easy if this is a stupid question.

I recently bought a jetski off my mate as he was upgrading to a newer model.
Just before i bought it off him he had recently bought a new battery as the old one had kicked it in.

The jetski started and run beatifully on the day, no issues at all.
Once we were done i put it back in the garage and didnt use it again for about 2-3 weeks. Once i tried to start it again, it wouldnt start. You can hear it trynig to turn over, but it just wont. We checked the battery again as i suspected it was that playing up, and the battery was completely dead again.

Is it normal for the battery to lose its charge so easily?

Its becoming a pain as every time i want to use it, i need to travel to the holiday house a night early and charge the battery. Not what i really want to have to do every time i want to use it.

Can anyone think of any reason why the battery would be losing its charge so much??

Any helps really appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So can anyone help me out with this?

I went to use the ski over the weekend, although the battery had died yet again.

At the moment im just disconnecting the battery bringing it home with me and leaving it on a trickle charger. Pain in the arse!! as im constantly pulling it in and out of the ski.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great question. I just bought a used sea-doo and I am wonder the same question. (being new to pwc scene too)
Thanks for any help !

·
Registered
3 Posts
im new to but it sounds like you have a charging issue not sure but they should have a rectifier or alternator or some other sort of charging system you try to find a manual and see what the system is and change it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts