Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 95 SLT 750 and it won't go over about 10 MPH. It seems to start up, idle, and run fine to a point, but has very little power.

Here are some other clues.

The display flashes LOPr even though the oil tank is full. I believe that is a low oil indicator.

The Fuel and Oil bars on the sides of the display shows both are empty even though the gas tank and oil tank are both full.

Does anyone know how the oil and fuel senders work on this model? Is there a way to temporarily bypass the low oil sensor to see if that is the cause?

Does anyone have information on how the display works for this model? I didn't get an owners manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plugs were the main culpret

I changed the plugs and it runs quite a bit better. It was not in limp mode after all.

It still idles a little rough and doesn't have much power in the mid range. Once it gets over 4,000 RPMs it smooths out and flies.

I'm going to look at replacing the plug wires and eventually do the 3 port fuel pump upgrade. It still has the original single port fuel pump on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine doing the same thing as yours, but when i take the seat off it runs great until i try to turn. Aft a few seconds after the turn it goes back to running great again (that is with the seat off). I just cant figure why when the seat is on, it runs like crap :dunno:. I have never had this problem before. I have no idea what the little red light on the dash is for, but it has been flashing on mine ever since i have had it (which has been about 5yrs now) and it has never affected the performance of the ski. I've made a post on here about the issues I've had and have had no response yet. If you have any luck with anything you do/or have done....please post it here or email it to me. My email is [email protected].

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 96 slx 780, had problems with limp mode when i first got it. the red light flashed and wouldnt run wide open. i found three things that cause it low oil, low gas, and overheating. in my case the fuel gage did not work. i used a jumper wire to cross the two wires going into the fuel gage unit and has run fine ever since but i have no fuel gage it always says full. hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts