Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just rebuilt both carbs on my Wave Raider. Its a '95 with the 700F motor and dual Mikuni carbs.

Now need to syncronize the carbs. Is there anyway to sync the carbs on land? Manual recommends roping the ski to a piling or anchor, then adjusting the high and low settings standing next to it. Surely this cant be how it is initially done in the factory or in service centers.

Also, do I need to use a Yamaha specific tach to do this? Or can I use an automotive one?

As always, thanks for the help!!

Greg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello all,

Just rebuilt both carbs on my Wave Raider. Its a '95 with the 700F motor and dual Mikuni carbs.

Now need to syncronize the carbs. Is there anyway to sync the carbs on land? Manual recommends roping the ski to a piling or anchor, then adjusting the high and low settings standing next to it. Surely this cant be how it is initially done in the factory or in service centers.

Also, do I need to use a Yamaha specific tach to do this? Or can I use an automotive one?

As always, thanks for the help!!

Greg
Use the OEM settings and as long as you adjust the speed screws the same on each carb, you should be fine. Ajust them, ride and then make needed ajustments. DONT attach the ski to a piling or moor it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I re-read both the Clymers and the Yamaha service manuals. Clymers is the one that recommends tying the ski to a pole. The Yamaha describes what you suggest. One thing I think I'll try that Clymer recommends after I think I have the carbs set, is to pull the plugs to verify I'm not running too lean or too rich.

I will say rebuilding them has made a huge difference already, even before dialing them in. A little bit of choke, and she kicks right off. That is a REALLY nice change.

Thanks again for your input.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts