Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this site. i got a 95 yamaha wave venture that sat for 4 years. it only has 98 hrs on it. i put new plugs on it, fuel filter and rebuilt carbs. i had it running fine. when i was in the ocean jumping some waves it shut off and would not start back up. when i got home i determined im getting no spark. i put another set of new ngk plugs in. just seeing if anyone has any ideas or test values of the pickup coil or even a service manual. thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just check the high tension leads. Make sur they arent brital and possibly broken from jumping waves. If not, it wont be the coils, they never fail. It would be one of the coils on the stator. But you would have to replace the whole front stator of there is three lighting coils in there, the little ones. It would probably be them. Im not sure what the wire colours are and what the ohms are, you could find this on the net somewhere. But i think it would be those three lighting coils.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill look into that. i already checked all wires in the cdi box and everything is good. i would like if some1 could share a service manual!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts