Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, brand new to the forum and yes, I need help. Removed carbs on my 95 Waveraider 1100 and rebuilt them. After reinstalling the ski is not getting fuel. Checked the fuel pump manually and it works fine. Sucking on the fuel supply line I can see the filter filling with fuel. Stuck a combo vac/psi gauge on the crank port and I have very little fluctuation on the gauge. Ski ran fine last year and will run on a shot of ether/fogger. What would cause the ski to all of a sudden loose signal at that port? I've looked but don't see any other vacuum ports. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Welcome aboard stable_46,
Have you run a compression test yet? Is it possible that you have a vac leak at the manifold/ carb base?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dave and thanks for feedback. Have not done a compression test and I suppose I could have a leak. I installed a new gasket at the carb base, no sealant at the one that came off didn't have any. Did not remove the intake manifold so thinking that connection should still have integrity. Do you know if the vent on the crankcase where the pulse line connects is on the carb side of the reed valves or crank side? I'm thinking if it is on the crank side the carb situation wouldn't make much difference and, when it fires on ether it sounds very healthy.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi Stable, the pulse port is on crank side of reeds. Compression numbers are low but should still have pulse at those numbers. However you may need to do the top end to get it running well.
Typically below 100 on compression needs a top end. If bores are clean you may just need to hone and new pistons/rings. I don't recommend sealer on intake paper gaskets. I usually use grease rubbed into both sides or dry. Grease softens the paper and helps sealing.

Are you sure the diaphragm and valves are in the carbs correctly?
Is this issue on one or all carbs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave, thanks for the info on where the pulse is coming from. Ski is old and floated at my neighbors dock for two years before I purchased so engine is likely to be tired :). What puzzles me is how it ran so well last season and now this strange issue of no pulse. My next step is to pull the carbs back off and recheck everything I did. The triple has a stand alone fuel pump mounted on the end of the carb assembly.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
I would be looking at the fuel pump or pulse lines. Hate to say it, but it could also be the reeds, but I doubt it. put some oil down the plug holes and see if it improves any. Might also run a wire down the pulse port to make sure something was not ingested, and make sure the pulse line is clear.
And quit using starting fluid, it washes the oil off everything. Mix up a small batch of 40:1 to use for priming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts