Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a 95 Yamaha Waveventure and unfortunately did not test drive before I bought it. Outside of the water it starts right up and if you hit the throttle it revs up just fine. I brought it to the water and once in the water it starts right up and idles perfectly but as soon as you apply any throttle it immediately stalls and I have to restart it. I did finally get it too take off once and as long as I kept it at WOT it went just fine with a max speed of 40mph which I don't know is normal for a waveventure 700. The previous owner has not had it out yet this year. When I bought it the tank was about 7/8 full and I added about half a can of seafoam to the tank in the morning and than took the ski out later in the day. I was able to idle around in the water fine but just could not get it go when throttle was applied. I am thinking bad gas or dirty fuel filters or maybe even gummed up carbs. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeffers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I was able to fix it. First I put in new fuel with seafoam, changed the plugs and changed the external fuel filter. Took it out for a spin and still kept stalling when you applied any throttle. I than pulled the carbs and completely cleaned them along with the jets. I than set the high/low speed screws to factory settings and now it runs like brand new. I may tweak the low speeds just a bit but for now it runs excellent. I also checked the compression and it had 160 at the front and 155 at the rear. Not bad for 105 hrs on a 95. Anyway, I hope this helps somebody else with the same problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I was able to fix it. First I put in new fuel with seafoam, changed the plugs and changed the external fuel filter. Took it out for a spin and still kept stalling when you applied any throttle. I than pulled the carbs and completely cleaned them along with the jets. I than set the high/low speed screws to factory settings and now it runs like brand new. I may tweak the low speeds just a bit but for now it runs excellent. I also checked the compression and it had 160 at the front and 155 at the rear. Not bad for 105 hrs on a 95. Anyway, I hope this helps somebody else with the same problem.
What did you set the low/high screws to (how many turns out) and did it increase you top speed or acceleration. I just bought one and I get to about 43 mph but I feel like it could be going faster. I cleaned the carbs but I don't know how to adjust the screws. Also I get to only about 5500 to 6000 rpms wide open on the water. Again I don't know if that’s normal or if mine needs adjusting. also is you have any other tips that you think would help I’m open to all suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts