Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had problems with my XP bogging out 2 summers ago; not starting, etc... I rebuilt the carbs (& rejetted to correct pop-off), replaced gas lines, snipped the plug wires, replaced baffle... Got it on the lake once that summer to fine tune (Thank for all your help PWC members).

Last summer I took it out twice... it was screaming! Then on a long weekend by the 3rd day it started bogging out again, hard starting, and then wouldn't fire any longer. I parked it for the winter.

I finally got around to looking at it. I am getting good spark (w/new plugs), good compression, and fuel. I am using a new battery. The engine is turning over, it just won’t fire at all... not even the slightest hint as if it is getting no spark.

If I have fuel in the cylinder and good spark, shouldn’t I get something? Could I be getting too much fuel? I was hoping to not have to tear into the carbs again, but seems that may be what is needed... what should I be looking for?

This thing is awesome when running... which is becoming not very often… but motivation enough to keep trying!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my Seadoo XP's. I cannot get them to start without holding down the throttle and flooding the engine with gas.

Any ideas anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts