Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought two jet skis a 95 xp and spx. both have the oil injections pluged going to the injector pump but it has two other hoses going to the motor i already have the oil tank out, can I just plug the other hoses? My other question is on the XP it seems to flood before I even turn it over, I have to start it with the gas off and then turn it (XP) on once its running to keep if from flooding. Both the jetski's ran great for the first hour, then they sounded like they were running on one cylinder. I know I should change the spark plugs, could it be the carbs??? Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
oil tank

Jame,
you can block off the oil injection pump and the small oil line fittings to intake, but don't do away with the tank and the lines going to the engine!!! there are two fittings: a supply line (near the rotary valve, intake side) and one return line (on the exhaust side) returns to tank (this how the lower end gets oil to the crankshaft and bearings) that would be disasterous!!!!!! you will have to monitor the oil level in the tank from time to time, and pre-mix the 2 stroke oil with your fuel from now on though. as far as the flooding goes, sounds like a carb issue. is your flame arrestor screen plugged up? that might act like a "choke" and cause more fuel to be sucked in than normal. This just my thought, I could be wrong, but a place to start.
Hope this helps!
Ben

1 - 2 of 2 Posts