Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey PWC Enthusiest! I recently purchased a 95' kawa ZXi 900 for 750.00 and it is cosmetically in beautiful condition! I however have a dead trim unit. I ordered a new to me trim box for my set up but am having trouble wiring it up. My old trim unit had 8 wires coming out and the new one has nine. If you guys could please help me wire this new box in that would be awesome!! Pictures coming soon! Also if anyone is interested, I may have a 95's ecu available for sale. P.S the trim box is
Off a 98' 900 ZXi

·
Registered
209 Posts
These are just raw comments... I do NOT have a definitive answer for you. I have a '95 900ZXI, but the trim system has been removed.
There are two versions... 8-wire & 9-wire. I think (not sure) that my 900 had 9-wires, and the 1100 has 8-wires. I think the extra wire is a yellow color.
It may have something to do with the KATS version (Kawi Automatic Trim System) that does more than the earlier versions with simple up/dn. The Kats would auto trigger full up in reverse mode (but a lot of models don't have reverse buckets anyway), and I think it did some automatic leveling or mid-positioning under certain conditions.
For some vague reason, i thought the newer ones were the 8-wire. Was your original unit really original. The trim systems were troublesome (mostly water intrusion / corrosion) and many have been replaced with used parts and/or removed altogether. My ski has the trim removed and the nozzle fixed at the level position and it runs just fine for most conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts