Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just got back 2 95XP's that I sold to a guy 10 years ago. Most of that time they have been sitting. One has a bad motor and the other one ran when it was parked. I have a factory Sea-doo replacement motor for the one and swapping out the engines isn't an issue yet. My question is this. Has anyone had any luck freeing up stuck cables? And if not, does anyone recommend a supplier of them? Also going to need some carb kits. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Big Boi,
Looks like we have similar projects. You definitely need to get a battery so you can check stuff out. Got 2 new batteries with mine. Like the other guy said take the plugs out and see if you can turn the motor. Take the flywheel shield off and turn the motor by hand using the flywheel. If it turns then hit the starter to make sure it is working. If all that is working, check the compression with a compression gauge. I'm sure you'll have to take the carbs off and atleast clean them, if not rebuild them. Mine were gummed up solid but I soaked them in a bowl of carb cleaner and they freed right up. Haven't had much time to mess with mine yet but I'll let you know how the progress goes. Good luck with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts