Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 700 size jetski, I plan on doing water skiing, wake boarding and tubing. Is this a big enough boat for that or should I try to find an 1100??? The people before seem to have pulled people fine on the ski fine, just wondering. Or another question is maybe upgrade the impeller to stainless steel? Would that work?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I recently acquired a 700 size jetski, I plan on doing water skiing, wake boarding and tubing. Is this a big enough boat for that or should I try to find an 1100??? The people before seem to have pulled people fine on the ski fine, just wondering. Or another question is maybe upgrade the impeller to stainless steel? Would that work?
theres no replacement for displacement... get a bigger ski if you can...... stainless steel wont do anything different than whatever you think you have now.... getting it setback or different pitch's will affect the ski,,, but you dont wanna just throw on a new prop, pitch to low and you hit the rev limiter, pitch to high and it'll be a dog out of the hole and have the potential for detonation....

·
Registered
3 Posts
we pull skiers behind our 700 waveventure but the 1100 waveventure pulls them easier also they are really reliable skis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after talking to many people about the 700 and the 1100, I have found that the 700 is a much built engine then the 1100 and the 700 is more widely used overall at rental places! It gives me great pleasure to say I will stick with the 700.

fritz65, do you find that they can't get out of the water as quick or as well with the 700?? assuming they are pretty good skiers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
really dont notice any difference we have two 1995 700's and a 1100 the 700's run awsome as does the 1100 it jusy has more top end you will love the 700's they are bullet proof

·
Registered
209 Posts
Would I not want more bottom end anyways with beginners, and heavier people?
more displacement would give you more bottom end.....

either way, if you decrease the pitch of your prop, or buy one thats already pitched low, 12/18,13/19,, that will help on takeoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts