Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is. I am looking at purchasing a 1996 kawasaki 750 jet ski. The sit down model. This unit is owned by a co-worker that is extremely picky with any of his equipment. It has been garage kept. You could probably eat off of the engine compartment. The problem is that he has not had this thing out in 5 years. Difficult to believe. But now he is ready to sell it to get it out of his garage to make room for a larger toy. My question is what should be my concern in purchasing this? Although I have owned numerous boats with outboard and inboard motors, I have never owned a PWC. He told me the other day he doesn't know how it is going to work.
Any help would be appreciated.
DM:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Did he winterize it and fog the engine before storing it that long? It could be a craps shoot. It might be a cream puff and run flawlessly or the engine could internally rusted. Best bet is go there with a fresh battery and do a compression test on the engine. And go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did he winterize it and fog the engine before storing it that long? It could be a craps shoot. It might be a cream puff and run flawlessly or the engine could internally rusted. Best bet is go there with a fresh battery and do a compression test on the engine. And go from there.
Great information. Would you know what the compression range should be? Also, what would be a good price for this ski. figureing it to be in excellent condition and running good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts