Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys - I am a newbie to this site - I have a 96 GTX - that stalls when full throttle is applied - can and will run if anything less then half throttle is applied - have torn apart the carb - had it acid bathed - so all ports are clean - have taken out and cleaned out the gas tank - blew out all lines - ensured the shutoff valve works - what am i missing???

when it does stall - you then need to choke it to get it started - any help /advice would be greatly appreciated - can one of the gas lines be collaspiing - i had a similiar issue with my boat coming out of the hole and it turned to be my gas bulb in the fuel line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know you cleaned the carbs but did you adjust the float setting????

if the float level is too low it would run great 'till the fuel demand over ran fuel availability in the bowl......

that is the only thing I can think of other than a partially plugged fuel filter.....did you check for an inline filter???

oh..... one other thing...... you could have a air leak!!! with the ski running spray starting fluid very lightly around all potential areas for an air leak!!!....could be a gasket, o-ring, but be careful carb cleaner is very corrosive to rubber!!!

if the engine revs higher you know it is sucking starting fluid!!!! great way to narrow down the area it might be.....

post your results and I will try to help!!! feel free to PM me

·
Registered
114 Posts
that ski has a Mikuni SBN 38 carb and the number one thing is POP OFF pressure and needle and ceet closure.... If this pressure is off it will not run properly...35-37 PSI for pop pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts