Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 GTX that seems to cut out when i'm beyond full throttle. I seems like it is starvign for fuel and wants to choke itself out. ONce i leave off the throttle, it comes back to life and off we go. I checked the fuel filter and it is clean. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a better than average mechanical guy but i'm not a mechanic. Is this something i could do or should i just get off my wallet and let the pros do it?? Thanks in advance for you comments.

Dean

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds like what mine was doing

my seadoo was doing the same thing. Anything over half throttle felt like it was missing or cutting out. and it was about 5 mph slower than my wives pwc. the same model. replaced the impeller and wear ring, ran like a champ. no cutting out gained 6 mph

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anther thing you might check. Remove the spark plug caps and trim about a quarter to half inch of wire off the ends till you see good clean wire. Re-install your plug caps. The wires get frayed from the vibrations and cause a weak spark. Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 95 gtx my brothers girl fliped upside down and it kept running for a few secs after that it runs ok at low throttle but at high it just looses all power doesnt die I cleaned out all filters new plugs trimmed wires and still cuts out. someone said something about some low and high speed adjustments. anybody that can help me i would apreciate. my brother drove it back to shore with water in it . hasnt run the same since. i need to find a manual also

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 seadoo gti just did a top end in and it runs great till half throttle after that same thing dies out and seems like a lack of fuel where should i start it didnt do that till after the new top end went in the carbs were never touched during rebuild

1 - 10 of 10 Posts