Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be two different questions but I have had problems with the ski revving up at take off but not going very fast but then finally getting going, almost like a clutch slipping although I know thats not the case.
The second problem was the starter would'nt turn over. I thought maybe I had a problem with the impellor which may explain the first problem. I could turn the motor by using a pipe wrench on the PTO without much effort, so I thought nothing was in a bind. I jumped the battery using a car battery and the motor turned over but wouldn't start. I took a spark plug out to see if it was firing and the motor started right up with that plug out. Put it back in and it wouldn't start again. Took the other plug out and again it fired right up. It acts like it has too much compression with both spark plugs in. Either way somethings not right. Anyone have any ideas?
Update: Now it won't start at all and both plugs are firing and they are wet when taken out. I took the pump out to check the shaft, so the impellor is not part of the not starting problem. This just gets worse!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
im having the same problem with a 1997 seadoo GSX. it used to do the same thing as what you just described, but now when you try to start it, it clicks in the rear electrical box. battery is brand new so im thinking a starter cullinoid (or however you spell it) someone help please:1zhelp:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitley dodgy starter motor, they are easy to take off and examine, just 2 bolts and a cable to disconnect. I have just had mine reconditioned - cost £150 though!!,

·
Registered
6 Posts
When jumping the battery, make sure the vehicle is not started. If you jump while the vehicle is start, you will blow the 5 amp fuse in the electricla box, thus the clicking noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts