Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a very nice 96 GTX. I took it out this past weekend and it performed very well. Had approximatly 50mph top speed.
My only complaints were I noticed some hesitation from a stand still (hole shot) and when turning (or doing donuts) it feels like the pump may be cavitating...not pushing as hard as it should.
The impelller looks ok, very small nicks on leading edge, but no dents or otherwise.
The wear ring is also in pretty good shape, no big grooves or cuts.
Anyway, what would be some simple things to do to this ski to pick up the hole shot performance?
Thanks in advance!
-Dan
North Carolina

·
Registered
323 Posts
It is hard to judge the condition of a seadoo pump liner because it is plastic and wears on different sections. Pull it out and inspect it. You may find it could be worn. Sealing up all orifices before the impeller with sikaflex will reduce cavitation. Also a WORX, RIVA or R&D scoop grate will improve hole shot. Also a skat trak or solas impeller will improve overall performance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the informative reply.
Which type of sikaflex would you use? There are many distinct applications available, I'm not certain which is the prefered one for wear ring touch ups.
I'm going to look into some scoop grates....thanks!

-Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - as per your suggestion, I ordered an R&D Aquavein intake grate. Looks like just the thing to fix the hole shot issue.
Thanks again!
-Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts