Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 seadoo gtx about 3-4 weeks age it started runing bad i had some dude look at it. He said that the carbs needed to be redone. I didnt have time so i got him to do it when i got it back it ran good on the hose but in the water in is hard to start and wont go over 3000 rpms and is sprawing fuel back out the carbs when more than 1/2 throttle. I replaced the plugs and adj. the carbs it spec. and still the same thing. so i pulled the carbs back off took the apart and it all looked good. so i cleaned everything and put them back on. it is a little better but still wont go over 3000 rpms.

can anyone help
thanks
:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same ski, I have the carbs apart as we speak, dont have any kind of a kit to redo them yet, so I will put in an order for stuff, but I have only just bought this as my first jetski and don't know its history, or how to fix them. My expertise is with bikes.

If anyone else is reading this post as an expert, would a damaged impeller give the same symtoms? I had to have the prop shaft straightened.

Anyway, I will try and solve this one and keep you posted. I have a few commitments though and it might take me a couple of weeks to find the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
when you try reving the ski does it sound like the bores are opening up but nothing happens. have you put a timing light on to see if the spark is still present when it switches over to high load?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do u tell if the bores open up and what does it sound like. I will try to put a timing light on it tonight if it looses spark at high load what is the next step

1 - 4 of 4 Posts