Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to start my STS today which normally cranks for about 10-12 seconds before starting. I cranked it for about 3-4 seconds today and I can't remember if I let off the button or if it just stopped cranking. After that it would not crank or turn at all and just made a single click sound. I opened it up and the bottom hull had about 4-5 inches of water in it. Probably to much? Does it sound like I got water in the motor or crank? The battery is checking out ok at wal-mart. Sounds like big problems. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I sent you a pm. I need to correct one thing though from it. I am actually familiar with your engine. I was thinking you had one of the newer ones. If I am not mistaken, you have a 750 in your STS, which is the same engine in my stand up I believe or at least very similar. Let me know what you find and get back to me.
Jay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried to start my STS

Tried to start my STS today which normally cranks for about 10-12 seconds before starting. I cranked it for about 3-4 seconds today and I can't remember if I let off the button or if it just stopped cranking. After that it would not crank or turn at all and just made a single click sound. I opened it up and the bottom hull had about 4-5 inches of water in it. Probably to much? Does it sound like I got water in the motor or crank? The battery is checking out ok at wal-mart. Sounds like big problems. Any suggestions?

Hey, I've had same issue...that 4" water probably got into your electric box. I opened mine and found my selenoid had gotten rusty and wouldn't make connection...cleaned it up and it started fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts