Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now that i look closer your freeze plug is gone it seems like.There are some guys that will put some in. It’s a softer metal i believe to pop from freezing water instead of cracking carb. housing. I’ve replaced a few but it has to be a leakproof.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking it was something along that line. Most of the research doesn't show it missing. I'm used to looking for a freeze plug on the block of a car engine. Never seen a freeze or Welch plug on the inside of a carburetor before, let alone a ski ? But thanks for the confirmation, I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't something else vital for the operation of the carb. I found someone that cut a piece of round aluminium stock to size, and tapped it in to close it off. Then put some fluid in the fuel pump side to check for leaks, bone dry. Should take care of the issue for a couple of years till I decide to buy a new carb. Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welch plug, that’s it. Couln’t remember. I’m rebuilding the same motor but in a 97 monte carlo. Only 62hp from this one but good enough. Hope you get many hours. I have the 72hp version in a pristine 93 daytona but theres no room in those.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts