Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I am new to the PWC world and have just bought a 1996 Polaris SLX 780. It ran great the first time I took it out. I was going to take it out last week and it wouldn't crank. It has the 3 outlet fuel pump. I checked all the hoses and nothing is clogged. It has plenty of gas. I removed the lines coming out of the pump and no gas is coming through. I removed the input line and I can draw gas from the tank so I know that is not clogged. I removed the pulse line and put my finger over the end with the engine turning over and I can feel it pulse. With the pulse line on should I be able to feel a vacuum while putting my finger over the fuel input? (I don't). Is there a better way to check the fuel pump? I can spray fuel in the carbs and it starts right up, but then dies when the fuel is used. Also, if it is the fuel pump, the dealer said the factory pump is 17/lph. I found one online they claim is a replacement but it is 35/lph. Will that matter? I know I can't go less, but it is okay to go more. Sorry for the long posting. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts