Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ski has been running fine this summer. Two months ago i put a new battery on it, new plugs all the routine yearly stuff bascially. While out riding the last go round it started fine several times but then it started just clicking and at first the electrical gauges wouldn't come on. I figured it was typical issue lose cables so I tightned them up and no go. I checked the battery with volt meter and it looked fine but still no go. I put the battery on a charger and checked the acid levels and put the battery back in and no good. I still get the clicking (almost buzzing) sound that you could associate with how your car sounds when the battery is dead. All the gauges light up fine.

I haven't checked all connections into the CDI box yet or solenoid but any other ideas or previous experience someone could lend would be appreciated. I'm getting pretty good at learning how to work on the ski but I'll be getting into uncharted waters pretty quick with this one.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the basics

Hey,
Check the ground cable mine did the same thing and the ground cable was just hanging on by a few wire's or your starter could be stuck try pulling the plugs and turning the motor by hand a little bit and try to start again. If the batt. is good it got to be between their and the motor. Just a thought. Hope you get her running soon!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts