Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a sl900 polaris that will not go over 40 it bogs out after that . out of the water it starts ,idles and runs great up to 35000 rpms ,then starts missing, stuttering and shaking. the previous owner said he had the stator change 3 yrs ago. the ski has only 45 hrs. there is probly only 8 hrs on the new stator. I did some tests on the stator and it shows that the purple and black wire has 8 ohms ,the specs say it should have 1250 ohms, all coils checked fine. I did see that the cdi box was the new updated version that comes with the updated stator kit. I asume the staor was an updated unit also. Is it possible that this could have went out again or do I have a different problem. the service techs tell me that a ski will not run at all if the stators bad,is that true, hope someone can help me out here, I cant afford to take it to a service shop, but I can do the work my self with a little teck help. someone please help thanks. Compbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
just changed the stator in mine was doing the same thing that your was and now it is fine take the gas tank out alot easier to do and not hard to get it out have fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where exactly is the stator located? I have a 1994 Polaris 650. The dealer said it has a weak stator. What is it exactly? Also have a 1995 Polaris 750. 750 has a blown engine. Can I put the 750 stator in the 650?
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts