Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the ski a month ago, ran tank and half gas. Ran great 1st tank. second tank started bogging at top end. Started getting worst, put a tank of premium gas and replaced spark plugs and trimmed 1/4in. plug wires. It deteriorated and now will only idle, shoot the gas and takes off for a second then bogs. Idle for a minute and it will take off again 1/2 second then bog.

My guess, dirt in the fuel line, gotta blow it away?

Any suggestions?

Is this a 712 engine or are there other sizes built for a 96 SPX?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carb

Carb - I cleaned the fuel selector with an air compressor. Then i took a hose off of the tank and blew air into it as it quickly expanded. Gas started spewing and i quickly put the hose back on and to my suprise i had a few leaks around the fuel selector. Trim the lines put the ski in the water and zoom. But it was short lived. It will run about 1/4 speed then bog. I'm guessing i may have a few more leaks or the floats are sticking, if it has floats.

Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it

Pulled the long fuel line off the carb, filled it with carb cleaner. Turned over the motor to get it sucked into the carb and let it set overnight. Cranked up this morning, spit sputter then zoom. Still would not go full speed. Stopped did the same procedure again, let it sit for about 1 hr. Cranked it up and Zoom Zoom. Better than ever.

After reading all the responses of others with similar problems, I knew it had to be the fuel.

Thanks 550 OCEAN PRO SLUT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts