Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts fine and runs good for 5 minutes or so then it starts bogging down and dies. It will still start after dying but bogs own still. If I let it set for 30 minutes or so it will run good for about 5 minutes and then starts doing it again? Any ideas on what it might be?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It has spark obviously and I'm guessing it has decent compression. My guess is carb related. When is the last time you rebuilt them? What do the gaskets look like? Is the filter in the pump clogged? What does your needle look like? If it's original factory, after that long it's likely to have scored a bit. Maybe your check valves are worn? That is where I would start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think It was the vent line on fuel tank was stopped up. I haven't got it back out on the water yet. I went through both carbs today and they looked fine to me. We'll see

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is the problem with antiques and self maintenance, take it in regularly for a service and it will always run fine.
Everyone in our Jet Ski club that did their own maintenance always had problems with Carbies for the most part.
A friend of mine that does his own Maintenance always has problems when we go out for the day and luckily mine being serviced every 50 hours runs like a treat and so doesn't spoil the day.
I have to tow my friend into shore at least three or four times over a day out lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts