Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to the forums. I have a 1996 yamaha wave venture 1100 that im having problems with. It starts fine, but when I go to accellerate, it bogs down for a second, then jerks forward like there is no problem. Its kind of like a severe throttle response problem. its an 1100cc 3cyl and im 180lbs and it will only do 45mph tops. The other day, It would start but would die when I tried to accelerate. The only way I got it home was by working the choke in/out while accelerating-and even then it would only go 5-10mph the whole way. I have replaced the fuel filter and have noticed that when the ski is running the fuel filter is only 1/4 to 1/2 full of fuel. Do I have a fuel pump/filter problem here or is it possibly a carb problem? Thanks for any help.

Brandon

·
Registered
227 Posts
Try switching between the on and reserve settings to see if it helps. Otherwise, have someone who knows carbs real well rebuild them for you, needle and seats, fuel pump too. The top speed issue might be impeller/cavitation or high speed adjuster screws on the carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts