Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is this. When just starting out the ski basically sits in place and doesn't plane out. Once it planes out all the power is there (still goes 60mph) but it has absolutely no guts out of the hole. I checked the intake underneath and found about a 1/4" of sealant broke off from around the plate and resealed that but my problem continues? Any ideas would help. Also my trim hasn't worked for 2 years now. Any ideas on how to figure out if its electrical or mechanical. don't feel like paying a tech to fix if i can?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm guessing this is a 750zxi? My guess would be somthing with the carbs, the ski is old enought now that they may need to be gone threw and cleaned, sounds like a dead spot in the carb, and once opened up secondary's take over, or could be a air leak somplace but doesn't sound like it with it still reaching top speed. On the topic of the trim motor mine does same thing, somtime in the next week or two i'll be looking at it, but my guess is that it could be anything from the trim switch down to the motor, just haven't had the time to mess with that ski yet, if i get a chance to i'll post it, and let you know what i came up with, their isn't alot of info out their on the electrical trim on the zxi.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts