Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran ok on the hose but the head got hot, figured it was an air lock issue with the hose feeding to the top. Bascked it in and ran it at the launch with the seat off and watched the head temps with a non-contact thermometer. Had about 90 F on the front and low to mid 80's on the center and back (? not sure why the diff). Once convinced the temp was OK I ran it around, did fine, stumbled a little on take offs at first but that seemed to go away. It showed to run 55 on the spedometer (not sure that is acurate) and idled good, turned it off and restarted it several times and no problems. Checked compression after and now all 3 cylinders are right at 85. I will try a different gauge to see if this is accurate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd still be a little worried about it running hot on the hose. Watch the pisser.... good flow??? You might need to check hose-by-hose, and the other components for blockage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ran ok on the hose but the head got hot, figured it was an air lock issue with the hose feeding to the top. Bascked it in and ran it at the launch with the seat off and watched the head temps with a non-contact thermometer. Had about 90 F on the front and low to mid 80's on the center and back (? not sure why the diff). Once convinced the temp was OK I ran it around, did fine, stumbled a little on take offs at first but that seemed to go away. It showed to run 55 on the spedometer (not sure that is acurate) and idled good, turned it off and restarted it several times and no problems. Checked compression after and now all 3 cylinders are right at 85. I will try a different gauge to see if this is accurate.

You should be testing them at WOT and the cylinders should be around 120 psig +/- 5 from eachother.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts