Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 1200 GP and want a little more speed and performance. I am thinking about a new impeller and intake grate. This ski seems to cavatate(sp) at high speeds like there is not enough water being pushed into the impeller. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A good intake grate will help a lot if it is cavitating. But will not help top speed unless the ski is porpoising. I have a R&D intake on my gp and would recommend it. Also there are goog grates from Riva and Pro-tec. If the GP is porpoising (bouncing) you will need to replace the trim tabs with aluminum ones and shim the rear of the ride plate to smooth out the ride.

Budman

·
Registered
3 Posts
GP is porpoising (bouncing) you will need to replace the trim tabs with aluminum ones and shim the rear of the ride plate to smooth out the ride.

Budman
I've been experiencing porpoising. Where is the best place to purchase aluminum trim tabs? Should I purchase a new ride plate or does shimming the stock ride plate eliminate the problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it is a late 98 or 99 GP (No factory tabs) than you can get the tabs from pro-tec:

If it is a 97 or early 98(factory installed plastic tabs) then you will have to have them made. There are a couple of guys on green hulk forum that make them but not sure who. As for the ride plate. I had good luck shimming the rear of the factory plate. You can gain a couple of mph with a shredmaster plate. Riva and protec also make good plates. Here is the shredmaster:

SMPRP Table of Contents Page

1 - 4 of 4 Posts