Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new and this is my first jetski. Ive changed the battery and got the dials on the dash to input a code. i know the code is suppose AAAA. it then flashes start and when i hit start it goes dead and then flashes "lock" can anyone help me? anything will be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also own a 97 gp 1200.What you have to do is open the front hatch and in front of gastank theres a few wire harness.unplug the blue one.Then hold down your mode button on dash until it flashes.Then type in new code.I usually do abab.It should say start then plug harness back in.Anytime you disconnect the battery you will have to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
If it prompts you to "start" everything should be OK with the code. Sounds like your battery might be low.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it flashes lock.then the ski is locked.and proceed with what I said originally.I've owned a gp for 3 years and know how the codes work.if just flashes start and dies then you have another problem.Also YamaDoo said your battery may be low.Stupid question but did you charge it before installing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts