Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out today and started taking on water got it home and ran with hose hooked up found a 1 inch. hole just above and to the left of the outputshaft. I am a auto tech and it looks to me to be like a freeze outplug on a car engine but not sure.If anyone knows if it just needs to be plug or if it there is something else that needs to be done i would be greatful for any help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also have a pair of 1997 Tigershark Daytonas (1000cc). Same thing happened to one this weekend. So nice to have a forum where folks share problems AND solutions. Thanks guys. I bought my 2 (same models) 6 years ago and they have been great. Very reliable. They are in great shape and the original paint still looks new. Folks are always amazed when I tell them how old they are. Helps that I live in the Pacific NW where the summer season is short. Well, that part is good for the PWCs and bad for me. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
went out today and started taking on water got it home and ran with hose hooked up found a 1 inch. hole just above and to the left of the outputshaft. I am a auto tech and it looks to me to be like a freeze outplug on a car engine but not sure.If anyone knows if it just needs to be plug or if it there is something else that needs to be done i would be greatful for any help
Hi my name is josh I recently did a rebuild on my 1997 1000cc jet ski and it runs good but when I get it in the water it wants to die on my all the time and the motor is getting hot and it's not pushing water thro but when I take it out of the water it wants to run perfect I dont understand is something not hooked up right cause I hooked it up how it was can you guys help me out thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
We hooked the hose up to it and it was pushing water thro the block but the jetski dident want to stay running but if you unhook the hose she runs fine and then when I put it in the water it does also but when I take it out of the water it runs good I dont get it it's like something is hooked up backwards but I put everything back light how it was the reason I did a rebuild is because I had to replace the bendix

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will give you my 2 pennies but i may be wrong. The main thing that you change is you put it in water and impeller moving drives water through system hence (putting under load) take out of water (no load) 3 carbs then 3x the fun. They might not be in sync creating push-pull effect if i remember. Or i have seen this on my snowmobiles w mutiple carbs micro bubbles from my fuel connections that were being sucked in also. right where i had zipties connected i had microbubbles starving that one cylinder under load. Just trying to help. Rebuilding a 97 640 now and a 96 monte triple so i will try to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my name is josh I recently did a rebuild on my 1997 1000cc jet ski and it runs good but when I get it in the water it wants to die on my all the time and the motor is getting hot and it's not pushing water thro but when I take it out of the water it wants to run perfect I dont understand is something not hooked up right cause I hooked it up how it was can you guys help me out thanks
check your frost plug, mine was doing the same and the whole time the frost plug was busted and water was filling the hull and was cutting out the engine. 25mm frost plug. here in canada the part isnt available but i got a universal 7/8" rubber frost plug and worked perfect. never had the problem again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts