Personal Water Craft Forum banner

97 gp1200. start fine, shuts off in 15min??

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ernest T 
#1 ·
Have a 97 GP1200. Runs good for some reason it just shuts itself off after about 15min. An then takes awhile before you can start it again. Im thinking this is an ECM problem or something in the kill switch. It doesn't overheat just cuts off an won't let you start again, like something has to re-set. Anyone had any similiar problems? any suggestions? thanks!

#7 ·
I have the same type of problem on a Kawasaki I think it's a coil problem but don't know for sure nor do I know how to check the coil. I have a Yamaha 760 as well so I wanted to check this thread... Hope someone can answer this... Does anyone know how to check the coil?

#8 · (Edited)
I think you can check all the coils from the Ebox, but you will need a service manual to tell you what wires and resistance values to look for, or someone else on the fourm who may post them. I've got the numbers for the 61X and 62T engines, but don't know for the 760 or 1200.

#10 ·
So does anyone on here have the specs to check a Kawakasi 750 Coils? Where can I get the information or book for these jet skis? I would prefer to get a good book that doesn't cost too much money.
Contact this guy: Info@JetSkiSolutions.com
He knows everything there is to know electrical about skis (including the Kaw). Here is his website: Jet Ski Solutions, Jet Ski Parts, Custom Jetski Parts, OE Jetski Parts, Stator, Electrical Box, Wiring Harness, Carburetor Remanufacturing
Very helpful, and can rebuild your stator if needed (cheaper than buying new).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.