Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. I just purchased a 97 Sea doo Xp. The ski will start on land and idle just fine but when I put it in the water it wont start. It will try to start but will never get going. If I start it on my trailer and keep the engine running I can ride it as long as I'm giving it a little gas. Any ideas???

·
Registered
36 Posts
throttle cable may need to be tightened, as well as the idle set a little bit higher (turn the adjuster slightly to let it rev idle at maybe 50 RPM more. cant really tell exactly, but doesnt hurt to try)

do you have a flush kit? To make sure your getting water to the engine to cool it. Rule of thumb is without a flush kit, dont keep the ski running out of the water for more then 15-20 seconds at a time. (heats up too quick)

Ill keep thinking of ideas on whats going on....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have a flush kit on it. I will check the throttle cable and bump up the idle and see what happens. THANKS!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also check your fuel filters, in the water and the jetpump drawing water a fuel restriction will cause this. Just on a flush kit, the engine is not "under a load" so it is easier to idle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I replaced all the fuel lines and cleaned the fuel filter. I also bumped the rpm's up. (It was way too low). I also put a fuel additive in just incase the gas was bad. When I put it in the water it started right up and no problems. Thanks guys!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts