Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, I did it, I put the SeaDoo in for the first time, rode it for a while, tied it to the dock and left. Next morning, it's hanging by the docklines. Evidently someone forgot to put the plug in...lol I wasn't there, but the guys who pulled it out didn't think that the engine compartment was completely submerged. As it turns out, it must have been more than they thought. I tried it on the trailer, but it wouldn't turn over...it seemed like a dead battery. Got it home, had the battery tested and it was showing no good. Picked up a new one today, put it in...same result. I pulled the plugs, hit the starter and it blasted a bunch of brown, oily, muddy water out of both cylinders. I hit it a couple more times for a total of about 3 seconds until it seemed like the majority of it was out. My question....how much damage did I do by sinking it and what are my options with regards to fixing it. My dad had this same thing happened to an outboard 20 or so years ago and seems to remember that it was a fairly simple fix....some type of liquid/spray that basically got rid of the water and it was good to go. Any help would be appreciated. I've got a good repair shop close, but if it's fixable at home, I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks a million

·
Registered
227 Posts
You have to pull the plugs out, blow compressed air into the cylinders while turning it over. It takes a while to get all the water out. Make sure to ground the plug wires and get new plugs. Make sure there is no water in your gas and oil tanks. I'd bring it by a repair place and let them handle it though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far so good....thanks

took an hour and a half, but it's running....haven't had it in the water yet, but it starts and seems to run good. Hopefully all is well when I drop it in the water tomorrow. Did as suggested. Crank, air, crank, air...clean plugs, crank, air, crank, air, clean plugs....crank, air, new plugs....finally fired up. Thanks for the help:appl:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts