Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with my ski. Will only start with fluid.. have replaced all the lines and cleaned everything.. Ring's maybe? Fuel pumps?.
Haven't checked compression yet. Stumped,. Any suggestions..!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First let's keep in mind that some carbs may never come clean therefore having to replace carb.
Couple things to check quick first: Check fuel pump pulse hose to crankcase for damage as well as cranking engine to feel if pulsing via case pressures. If no pulsing then a leak in crankcase on that cylinder.
If that checks out then troubleshoot the fuel system from one end the the other. Need to confirm where the fuel supply is ending. Start at the supply (fuel tank). Check for water in tank (engine won't burn water). also the fuel pick-up screen. Disconnect fuel supply hose at fuel pump and confirm that fuel is even getting to the carb keeping in mind the fuel on/off/reserve valve. Air compressor or not confirm fuel is getting to the carb.
Start there and let me know what you got...
Forgive me as you weren't specific about what cleaned everything entailed. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked it all.. once started remains great all day.. compression not pulling it in?
Changed all Fuel lines and tank is clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the issue is only at cold starting then compression may be low. Should be at the very least (when cold) 110-115psi. Good compression should be between 120-150psi. If you have already turned the idle needle screw out to aid starting then I recommend installing a primer kit for cold starts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts