Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a 97 zxi 1100 and i was just wondering if this is a good ski? also what am i looking at topping out at as far as mph. How does it handle? and is it reliable? i am planning on buying this thing tomorrow so any info would be awsome. thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey i have a 2000 1100 zxi and i think its a good quality ski. i have never had any problems with mine except for some clogged carbs which was an easy fix. and with the type of gas we use today its almost certain you will be cleaning your carbs every few years anyways. as far as top speed mine does about 60 on flat water. but trust me its fast even in rough water.

·
Registered
17 Posts
and once you buy it, i would strongly recommend taking the oil pump off and blocking the hole to the crank, start pre-mixing your fuel to a 50:1 ratio. this eliminates the possibility of the oil pump failing and blowing up your motor. that was the first thing i did when i first bought mine.

here is the website i used to buy an oil block off plate...
Accessories

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool. I really appreciate the info. Is that a hard thing to do? blocking off the oil? is it something i can do? Anyone else have a take on these zxi 1100's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
no its not to difficult i did it in about 30 mins, its just the oil pump is in a spot where its hard to get tools down to it. its held on by to allen head bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1998 XL 1200 Help

I have a 1ride 1998 XL 1200 Waverunner it ran great then the next time I went to ride it it started to loose power now it will only go 10 to 20 miles per hour. Replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, compression is fine, gas is new.Please Help Thanks::dunno:

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes these skis are fast i can beat most of the newer skis out on my river, except of course for like the turbo charged ones and stuff but as far as the speed its pretty damn fast. it holds its own on the water, the only thing i can say is its very unstable when you get 2 people on it. its better when drivin solo

·
Registered
17 Posts
and for your yamaha i would recommend looking at your carbs, it sounds like shes starving for fuel...tell me this, is it changing in rpms at all when your on the throttle like will it be at a lower rpm then speed up real quick then drop down again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i am leaving for work and my dad is picking up my jet ski. Atleast i have something to look forward to when i get off. lol. i will let you know how the ski is. thanks for your help!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts