Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents, I picked up my first Jet ski and don't know much about working on them, yet! When I power it up (just turning on the key), my display will rotate flashing each section for a second or two and then moving onto the next. In other words, it will light up fuel, then time, then mph and so forth. I haven't yet taken the jet ski out onto the water and I've checked all the connections including the connections in the fuse box. Everything seems to be ok and I have the display out at the moment. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to drop me a line, it will be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone has any advice on where I can download a PDF of the owners manual for a 1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX or buy one, or if there's a "Hayne's version" of a manual out there for Jet ski's, I would greatly appreciate any and all help! Thank you in advance.

-Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
With the lanyard connected, it should cycle through and end up with everything showing.
I will try and remember to get a link to the manual later, or you could use the search function. It's around somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the lanyard connected, it should cycle through and end up with everything showing.
Thanks for the reply! My display seems to just keep cycling through and doesn't stop but I'm going to take a look at it again today. I read somewhere it could take 2-3 minutes for the microprocessor to reset itself. Thank you for your help and I'll look into finding the manual on here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts